Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Well, okay, then

S called this morning and said that the GP would not give me Lantus. He apparently thinks I don't need a basal insulin and that even half a unit of Lantus would cause dangerous hypoglycemia. I know he's wrong, but I can't convince him. He said to wait 3.5 weeks until I see the endo.

So, since I don't need a basal insulin, I decided today to stop acting like I did. I didn't eat every 2-3 hours so I could cover basal with Novolog, I didn't exercise after taking insulin and not eating. It's only 6 pm, kids, and I'm already so miserable that I don't know if I can stick this out for a week (presumably to try to prove it to the dr), much less the 3.5 weeks until I see the endo (to prove it to her). I can't express enough how I didn't want the chronic fatigue and constant illnesses to come back, and the fatigue definitely came back today. I don't have any energy; I don't even feel like reading because then I won't be asleep. I haven't felt this crappy in four months.

Just a few weeks ago

Today

My fasting is in range today because when I went to bed last night my bg was 66.

No comments: