I've had dinner with J lots of times, and usually it doesn't turn into a Diabetic Dinner. Then, last night, we took an ill-fated trip to CPK. I'd been running high since lunch, when I tried a new frozen entree and decided not to guess at how many more carbs it contained than the box said since I didn't want to end up low. Well, it turned out to be a lot, and now I know that everything from that brand is going to be higher than it says. That was around 2, and at 8:30 I will still trying to get my bg to come down!
We got to CPK around 9:20 and I was at 86! I decided to have pizza. Now, for awhile I had to stop having pizza when we went there because it was too difficult to get right, but now that I can dose so well, I was excited, especially since my bg was good. Well, my favorite, the Pear and Gorgonzola pizza, was gone! The waiter said it was really popular, too! Unfortunately, I don't like any of the other pizzas. I grudgingly decided to try to the new curry mango pizza (minus the chicken). J got the mushroom pizza.
I did a dual wave bolus over 30 minutes in case I didn't feel like eating it all, and J took some insulin. I actually didn't feel like eating the whole pizza. It was okay, but as they say, "not worth the insulin" for me. J. thought his pizza should have come with red sauce and only ate half of it, quite unusual for him. I was cranky because I couldn't have my favorite pizza (ever! again!) and I'd been avoiding it until my control was better. J was cranky because he had a lot of insulin on board. So he had to have dessert to cover the extra insulin.
43. What was the last thing you paid for with cash? I think we shook the car for money to feed a meter.
44. When was the last time you wrote a letter to someone on paper and mailed it? 2003.
45. Can you change the oil on a car? I can't even drive a car.
46. Your first love: what is the last thing you heard about him/her? He's still drinking.
47. How far back do you know your ancestry? 1500s for some, 1800s for others, about two generations for my father's side.
48. The last time you dressed fancy, what did you wear and why did you dress fancy? I dressed up to go to the Melting Pot for my birthday. I wore a purple and black kimono dress.. I put the pump in my trouser sock.
49. Does anything hurt on your body right now? Everything always hurts on my body; but I'm used to it. Today my back and legs are bothering me, though.
50. Have you ever been burned by love? Literally! Heh.
51. Do you have a crush on any bloggers? Who doesn't?
52. Where would you like to live? Twin Cities, Chicago, Manhattan, Boston...if I had a million dollars.
I admit that page doesn't do the best job of explaining what it is, so here's the original, sans pocket. You're meant to wear it under a shirt. Admittedly, you'd need to make a hole in the pocket, and I don't know if the pump would be too heavy, but I still think it's pretty cool!