Tuesday, May 15, 2012

One Great Thing

Continuing with Diabetes Blog Week, the topic today is One Great Thing. I would say that one thing I am great at is being prepared for almost any eventuality. Someone once told me that I put Boy Scouts to shame. I try to be prepared for any situation, mainly because for so much of my life I was stuck in situations that I did not want to be in with no means of alleviating them. I do not want to be there again. Sometimes it can cause conflicts. For example, I have a friend that firmly believes that if you prepare for a bad or unwanted situation, that somehow can make it happen. However, this same friend has relied on my preparedness countless times. I'm afraid that I have to reject their reality and substitute my own. I would like to say that I'm good at finding the humor in any situation. To quote Ani DiFranco, "I try to laugh at whatever life brings." It seems that my humor is not universal, though. I guess it leans more toward a dry, British type, which is not everyone's cup of tea. So, I didn't put that as the one great thing.

2 comments:

Pearlsa said...

Being prepared and a dry British humor are both spectacular things when dealing with diabetes :-)

http://pearlsa.com/blog

Lili said...

Thanks! Naturally, I agree. ;)