Monday, January 16, 2012

Holding pattern

I always meant to come back to this blog, but I guess I feel like I don't have much to say. I certainly don't have much to say about diabetes. I just do it and don't think about it much. What's really getting me down lately is having celiac disease. I thought about it, and I think a large part of what's bothering me is the abundance of treats at work. The treat area is on the other side of my cubicle wall (and can't be relocated). So, I spend most of my work day smelling doughnuts, cookies, bread, pastries, and cupcakes, whether I want to or not.

I never even liked most of these things and didn't eat them much before I got diagnosed with celiac. Still, there's something physically about smelling it that affects me. I know that this situation will eventually change in eight months to a year, but right now I am finding it a challenge.

Maybe it's weird, but it's not so much that my diabetes affects me as that diabetes affects me in concert with all the other things I have. The other things are always the tipping point where I start to get burned out. Right now I'm stuck circling the airport, hoping to land someday.

No comments: